Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Snubbed Germany Striker Announces Surprise International Retirement
[Bild: 1526540356_e3490.jpg]
A Germany striker announced his surprise retirement from international football on sbobet มือ ถือ Wednesday after he was snubbed for a place in his country's provisional 27-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.Bayern Munich forward Sandro Wagner, who was part of Die Mannschaft's Confederations Cup-winning side last year, was left out by manager Joachim Low, who decided to go with uncapped SC Freiburg striker Nils Petersen instead of the 30-year-old.Wagner, who scored five goals in eight games for Germany, has explained why he has decided to retire from international competition, and seemingly a sly dig at Low and his coaching staff in the process."I hereby resign immediately from the national team," Wagner told Bild."For me, it is clear that I do not seem to fit with the coaching team with my way – always open, honest and direct to address things."I wish my boys only the best in Russia and hope they come back as world champions."The former Hoffenheim star, who was spotted in tears during a training session at Bayern on Tuesday shortly after Low's announcement, also admitted he was disappointed at being left out, but said he would not dwell on it for too long."I would be lying if I said I am not sbobet มือ ถือ disappointed. Playing in the World Cup would have been great," he added."Of course, I cannot take this seriously, but as I have often said in the past, there are more important things in life than football."Germany Announce Provisional World Cup Squad, 7 Stars SnubbedThe reigning World Cup champions have been drawn in sbobet มือ ถือ Group F alongside Mexico, Sweden and South Korea.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste